Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Countdown Day 6: Snowman Ornaments

I can't remember where I originally saw this idea - i tried searching for it on google, and found several different posts about it, but not the one I'd originally found it on. Not that it really matters, except that proper credit can't be given.

Anyway, this is an inexpensive, fun, perfectly ADORABLE way to do your kids personalized Christmas Ornaments. Meet the Handprint Snowmen:



Want to know how to do it??

- Paint child's hand white - i just used regular acrylic paint i had laying around.
- Take a plain old glass ball ornament and CAREFULLY place it in the palm of your child's hand.
- Help the child CAREFULLY close their fingers around the ball to leave a full hand print.
- Hang ball to dry
- Paint scarves and faces on the fingers - i used a black sharpie for the faces and buttons.

And you're done!




As you can see, a couple of the snowmen got a little smudged - the boys seemed to think they needed to squeeze the ball when i told them to close theands. I recommend if you're doing this with small children, keep a couple extra balls on hand just in case!

I also learned that if you try to wash acrylic paint off of a glass ball, the color will also wash off - just so you know.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Awesome!

Chels said...

Cute idea! I will try it for sure!

Post a Comment