Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Countdown Day 20: Christmas Cupcakes

This is the simplest recipe in my Christmas baking regimen. It hardly counts, since I cheat (I use Betty Crocker's Devil's Food Cake mix - so moist, so chocolatey, so easy - i ♥ it so much). What makes them Christmassy is that i use peppermint icing. Try it, it's delish!! Basically, just take your favorite icing recipe and add Peppermint extract. If you don't have an icing recipe, here's one (I never measure when i make icing, but this is a basic framework - adjust to your tastes however you like):


Christmas Cupcake Icing

1/2 cup butter or margerine, softened
2 tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. peppermint extract
Icing sugar

Mix together butter, milk, and extracts. Slowly add in icing sugar until desired consistancy. Ice cupcakes.
Add red and green sprinkles or crushed candy canes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment