Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Movies!

On Tuesday the boys and I went on a family trip to the little theatre in town. They were playing Toy Story 3, and with my kids' obsession with the first two, we wanted to make sure we got to take them to see it. They were SO excited, even though they weren't entirely sure what to expect. I think Elijah was two the last time he was at a theatre.


We got there early, since it was "cheap night" and we weren't sure if there would be a lineup. We had to make sure we sat in the back so the boys could stand up if they couldn't see the screen (I DO NOT sit in the front row!). Dad and Elijah walked over to the Ice Cream store while Riley and I waited in the van (just in case people started showing up).


Daddy and Elijah brought back a milkshake to share.


They were very patient, and had lost of fun playing by the windows and looking at bugs on the sidewalk.


And once we got in and sat down, they were so thrilled, especially about the HUGE bags of popcorn!


I love that look of pure joy on their faces!!
They loved the movie! Elijah was perfect through the whole thing, and except for a couple of potty breaks, Riley was really good. He got a little restless near the end, but it was to be expected. Riley actually kept a running commentary for a while, "Mom, why's he driving away?" "Why's he sad?" "Mom, he fell down!" etc.  it was pretty cute, and thankfully the theatre is nice and loud, so he wasn't all that disruptive to the other people.

The kids were exhausted when we left (the only showtime in town on weekdays is 8 pm), and Elijah was actually asking to go to bed! And as we walked out, Riley said "Mom? I LOVE the movie theatre!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment