Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Dream of Nice Furniture

Last week when we went to Peace River for my ultrasound, we went early to do some shopping first. After hitting the No Frills (AMAZING store, by the way!), we had some time to kill before my appointment, and decided to browse through The Brick for a half  hour.

One of the obsessions both Josh and I have is houses - looking at different styles and layouts, colors, decor, furniture,  roofing, siding... All that crazy geeky stuff that poor people living in a tumble-down house dream of! Going to The Brick was so much fun - it'd been SO LONG since i'd been in a furniture store, and it's nice to look at different styles and themes and figure out (even though we could never afford any of it!) our own particular tastes and what we'd put in our house.

Browsing through the children's furniture, we both IMMEDIATELY fell in love with this:

How unbelievably awesome is this?!? I'd never in my life seen a bunk bed with stairs! Ingenius! We'd been thinking a lot about getting a bunk bed, because Elijah is growing out of the toddler bed, and the simple fact that we're about to have THREE KIDS in a house that has a total floor space of less than 900 square feet!
Well, apparantly i'm a little behind, because when we came home and looked online for different styles, and perhaps a lower price (this one was $1000!!!!) they were pretty much everywhere.
But it is an investment we're seriously contemplating... later on, of course. Hey, any of you out there with serious woodworking skills want to build me one?? *wink*
Number one reason is SAFETY! I had a bunk bed, and do you know how hard it is, even for a 10 year-old, to climb down those ladders on your way to the bathroom, especially if it's the middle of the night and you're still drowsy? I've been so worried about trying to teach my klutzy 4 year-old to figure out the ladder without hurting himself (or hanging over the edge screaming because his feet can't find the rungs!).  This is a bunk bed even my two year old could use without difficulty or serious injury (though we definitely would have him sleep on the bottom!).
Second reason: DID YOU SEE THOSE DRAWERS??? In the stairs?? and under the bed?? I am a real sucker for sneaky space-saving storage!
Anyway, I was just thinking about this again today, and thought i'd share, since it's just that cool! Ugh, i'm drooling now.... I think i'd better get away from the computer.

1 comments:

Brittany said...

They sell this bed at the Brick. United furniture warehouse and Sears at times. I think they also have it at Leons. If you need advice on bunk beds let me know!!! Im an expert. I studied them religiously before I bought Kaels. I love this style too, but I wanted the loft style not the bunks. THATS even harder to find with stairs.

Post a Comment