So, i fell in love with some quilt squares at my local fabric store. The bright colors just drew me in! I bought them, though without much idea of WHAT i was going to do with them...
So i pulled them out today. I mentioned, in my previous blog post, this tutorial, and my desire to try it out. So i picked out some fabrics and cut them up...
... and spent the afternoon, while the boys napped, making myself a storage cube for my sewing room! The tutorial uses a 6 inch square, which seemed small to me, so i cut different sizes - 9 X 9 inches for the big one, and 7 X 8 inches for the smaller one (not quite a cube, but whatever). It took me less than an hour to put together the big one, and then josh came home and i ran out of steam and took a break for cookies and milk. =) I'll get to the pink one another day. Or later tonight.
but i'm very happy with the results!
How cute is this?? It's perfect for my sewing room! Although in retrospect, if i had had yellow or orange thread, i would have used that for the front pocket instead. I haven't quite decided what i'm going to put in it, hence why the cardstock on the front is blank...
I want to make lots more for all my sewing supplies! The writer of the tutorial warns that these are addictive - and it's TRUE! They're so simple, and so cute!
Also, i think 6 X6 inches would be a good size - the 9 X 9 is HUGE! though i needed a larger one anyway... =)
Let me know what you think! And if you make your own, i'd love to see them! TTFN!

2 comments:
love them!!! i neede some for my office!
love them!!! great gift idea too!!!
Post a Comment