I FINALLY got my Half-Tees in the mail last week. I'm pretty darn excited!
I should probably explain a little about WHY i'm so excited...
I'm all about modesty. I do NOT wear sleeveless, low-cut, tummy revealing, or leg revealing clothing. Thankfully, the fashion trend these days seems to include longer shorts and skirts, which is VERY nice. And although the shirts are also getting longer (so i don't have to worry about showing off my flabby belly), they are still very low-cut and often sleeveless (especially in the summer).
I own a LOT of low-cut shirts, and some sleeveless dresses (which just so happen to be low-cut as well). I have two tank tops i bought when i was, oh, 15 i think, that i would wear under them. Which worked very well when i was 15, but i've grown, and having babies has made my proportions a little... different. While I can still wear them under my low-cut tops, they are constantly riding up and gathering somewhere around the bottom of my ribcage. Constantly reaching up my shirt (or DRESS!!) to pull down the offending undershirt is more than a little annoying, and tends to put one in a foul mood near the end of the day. Not to mention the fact that while the neckline is great, they are still sleeveless, so if i wear them with one of my dresses, i have to wear ANOTHER shirt overtop to cover my shoulders! Can you say WARM?
Now, I loved my little tank tops. Despite the drawbacks, they still did their job and allowed me to wear really cute clothes that i normally wouldn't. But after ten years, they were wearing out a little bit - with good reason, i suppose.
I was one day browsing the Modest is Hottest group on facebook - which is a group of women who sell modest clothing down in Southern Alberta - and looking at all the nice clothes that i would one day like to have (a dress from them is going to be my reward if i ever get to my goal weight!). One of their new items posted was a "Half-Tee". Basically, it looks like a simple, solid color belly shirt. You can choose from the basic undershirt colors: black, white, brown, and cream, and they have cap-sleeve and long sleeve styles. I was mildly interested, and decided i'd keep those in mind if i'm ever down in SA visiting.
Not too long after, i found their website, with a little more information about them, and the more i thought about it, the more i realized, "I NEED those!!"
So I ordered a pair - white and black - to replace my poor worn-out tank tops. And i must say, I LOVE THEM! They are so much more comfortable than my tank tops - no more adjusting or pulling up shoulder straps, no more pulling down bunched up material, and they had the added bonus of solving my "bra problem" on one of my shirts that has really baggy cap-sleeves. It's also fairly light, so it's not torture to wear it in the summer. And for maternity!! Wow! Wearing one of my tank tops under a maternity shirt, with a growing belly, is just asking for a great bunch of fabric right under my chest. No more problems now!
What i was most excited for was trying them out with my sleeveless dresses. And i anxiously awaited Sunday for that reason! I have a sleeveless maternity dress that i think is adorable, and while it came with a little black jacket, it is quite low-cut. When i bought it, it was winter and i wasn't pregnant, so i thought it looked quite nice. Now that it's summer, and i AM pregnant, the jacket is unbearable and has the added "bonus" of making me look about 50 pounds heavier than i actually am.
But i was quite happy when i got all dolled up for church, sporting my new Half-Tee...
The pictures aren't all that great because Josh wasn't home, and i was using the timer with the camera propped up on the desk... But you get the idea.
I also noticed something else....
I HAVE A BUMP NOW!! Again, bad photo of me (nice chin rolls, eh??) but I'm quite excited that i'm actually starting to look pregnant now! Skinny girls may not understand because they start showing at three weeks (haha), but heavier girls take longer to start showing. I am happily celebrating my belly now!
Aaaaand Elijah demanded i take his picture too, so here he is...
Handsome AND crazy! What a combination!



0 comments:
Post a Comment