Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Someone I Truly Admire

Gianna Jessen is an abortion survivor. Her mother went in for a saline abortion at 7 1/2 months pregnant, and it failed. Gianna developed cerebral palsy because of the attempted abortion. But she is happy, funny, strong, and a truly inspiring individual. She views her life as a wonderful gift from God, and has made it her mission to speak out and to make the truth heard, however she might be hated for it. There is an excellent article about her life you can read here.

I saw this video, of her speaking in Australia, on facebook a while ago, and was truly moved by it. She talks about abortion, and about her experiance, but it's so much more than that. She speaks about life, and about values, and the worth of the soul.

I particularly like the point she makes that our strength, our lives are not truly ours. I extrapolate from it and say that NOTHING we have is truly ours. Everything has been loaned to us for a time, and we must treat it all with the utmost respect and gratitude.

The video is just over 16 minutes long, but definitely worth the watch. She is such a captivating speaker.

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for posting this for me to see....I think she is an incrediable voice to be heard, with a message that must be told! Love you Emily ...always!!

Post a Comment