Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Taggy Lion Mark II

I honestly expected to have more posts than this - I've been extremely tired since we got back from Minnesota, and the chair at the computer is VERY hard and VERY uncomfortable, so i only spend about five minutes at a time on the computer.
I am 32 weeks pregnant now, and the hormones are really getting to me. I have no energy to accomplish simple tasks around the house, I'm constantly stressed, and my OCD, depression, and short attention span are all being escalated (i've never been clinically diagnosed with any of these things, but if i didn't have them before, i have them now! In spades!).
Anyway, I just wanted to drop in for a second with some updates on the last post. I DID try Taggy Lion again - this time with a thinner, pink minky that i had. I've decided i really dislike sewing with minky! it's fuzzy, stretchy, and slippery! But even so, i think this one turned out okay...


...but this time i'm disappointed with the head shape! it's lumpy! booo....
I tried a few different things this time, and i think they worked out for the most part.

And my exciting news?? I finished Riley's quilt top!


It DOES look better, doesn't it? I feel very accomplished. The railroad tracks were a pain, i can tell you! And there are flaws galore, which make me grateful this is for my own two year old and not a customer. Now the hard part - quilting it!! Still waiting on my batting - probably next week...

1 comments:

Kyle said...

Both of them look great. You're amazing when you take into consideration life in general. Way to be!

Post a Comment