Hey, everyone! I know it kinda seems like I've fallen off the face of the earth - at least as far as this blog is concerned. Between the antipartum depression and the postpartum busy-ness, I haven't had much time to sit and type. I haven't even had time to write in my journal properly since last friday.
Anyway, let me introduce you to someone special:
This is our newest addition, Jonah Isaiah Jamieson. He was born November 20th, 2010, weighing in at a hefty 9 pounds 3 ounces and was 21 1/4 inches long. Now, there was some discrepency in due dates - they told me the due date was the 18th, but for some reason it was written in the charts as being the 20th. Which now, i'm okay with - it's a rare, and kinda cool, occurrence to be born on your actual due date, so now that the pregnancy is over, i'm okay with the 20th due date. The 20th is also my sister's birthday, so methinks little Jonah's going to be spoiled rotten by at least one Auntie. hahaha!
Jonah is a really good baby. His hobbies include eating, sleeping, cuddling, wooing women, and staring at the stripes on the couch:
He absolutely hates sleeping in his crib at night, taking baths (though he LOVES having his hair washed over the sink...), getting his diaper changed, and being left alone for more than ten minutes.
He is an incredibly cuddly baby - for days all i did was sit and hold him and pet that gorgeous, soft fuzzy head of his. Well, mostly i held him because he'd scream if i put him down, but i didn't mind the cuddles one bit. I mean, who can resist giving this a squish?
He has a big appetite, and actually had to be given a little formula the first couple of nights before my milk came in fully - i mean, after nursing for two hours straight, one tends to get a little sore.
His brothers ADORE him, and one of the reasons i can't put him down much is their tendancy to maul him.
As for myself, i am doing very well. Aside from being a bit tired and overwhelmed at times (especially bedtime!), i feel just fine - especially now that the afterpains have finally gone away! The depression seems to have been almost completely relieved for the time being, and i know that the Lord has blessed me to be happy and functional despite the chaos. After Jonah and I came home from the hospital, Josh only had one day off before heading back to 10-12 hour days, and my mom hasn't been able to make it up to help as we had expected, so i've been forced to adjust fairly quickly. Thank heaven for good friends and freezer meals that keep us fed, and me out of the kitchen!
I am in the process of writing up the birth story, for those of you who are interested in that kind of thing. Stay tuned - our life is still chaos, and spare time for mom is very limited. Most of you know what i'm talking about.
1 comments:
I am so glad you are back in the blogging world. Jonas is adorable. Sophia won't let me put her down either but I have had the benefit of Jeff being home. How do you get babies to sleep in their beds? Haylee did it on her own and Sophia is a stink.
Post a Comment